Congratulations to the MIRS 2021 award winners!
Linda Schamber Best Paper Award
- First place: Melissa Vang, Raheyma Khan, Haihua Chen - "Topic sentiments toward the COVID-19 vaccine on Twitter"
- Second place: Millicent Njeri, Dr. Jihye Ellie Min - "The effects of online information overload on consumer confusion and trip satisfaction"
- Third place: Fariba Fard - "Leveraging geographical disparities of socio-economic factors to predict vulnerable teenagers to teen birth: Chicago as a case study"
MIRS Best Poster Award
- First place: Alexander Kahanek, Dr. Lingzi Hong - "Topics and sentiment of COVID-19 on Twitter: A look into how and what the US was talking about during the pandemic" https://flipgrid.com/024dae99
- Second place: Malori Hammonds, Dr. Konstantina Kapetangianni - "Violations of Gricean maxims during police interrogation" https://flipgrid.com/46a8d5e2
MIRS Best Dissertation Lightning Talk Award
Malak Khader - "Understanding the interplay between information literacy, cultural literacy, and religious literacy among second generation immigrants"